Job Title: Science Journalism Internship
Organization: Wyoming EPSCoR
Contact: Email Dr. Landreville at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Selected interns will work with the internship director Dr. Kristen Landreville, to identify a specific Wyoming media outlet to intern for in the state.
- Selected interns may be required to enroll in online journalism training and/or attend in-person journalism training or courses at UW.
- Selected interns will have a travel stipend for reporting duties and/or science communication conference travel.
Desired qualifications: Selected interns should be pursuing a degree in science (broadly defined) and want to develop science communication skills.
Start and end dates:
- 12 weeks in the summer of 2020
- Interns may work between 20 & 40 hours a week
- $12.50 per hour for undergraduates
- $15 per hour for masters students
- $17.50 per hour for doctoral students
How to apply: email the following documents to Dr. Kristen Landreville at (email@example.com)
- Cover letter that includes an explanation about why you’re interested in the science journalism internship.
- Resume that includes any relevant journalism, writing, communication, and outreach experience.
- Application, which includes a writing sample.
Application deadline: Friday, November 15, 2019