Job Title: OLP/COR Summer Intern
Organization: Wyoming Catholic College
Type of opportunity: Provides logistical support for the summer programs of the Wyoming Catholic College Outdoor Leadership Program and COR Expeditions.
Contact: Kristin Anderson at 307-335-4422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist with the management of all WCC and COR backcountry gear. This includes inventory, maintenance, allocating specific gear to each trip, ordering gear as needed, and packing gear for trips. Help with maintaining order, organization, and cleanliness in the OLP gear storage areas, including St. Joseph’s garage and the storage units.
- Assist with the provision of backcountry food for all WCC and COR summer programs. This may include working with WCC staff to order food in a timely manner, managing a food budget, coordinating food packing, and accommodating special dietary needs for participants.
- Driving students from the airport to course destinations and back; serving as professional COR representatives when greeting students for the first time.
- General assistance to the Director and Assistant Director of the Outdoor Program as well as other OLP and COR Expeditions staff.
- Assist with general operations of the COR Ranch by answering questions from guests and coordinating activities. Additional logistical, food service, ranch/Lander office liaison, and janitorial support may also be required.
- Provide specific assistance to the PEAK high school programs in June and July, including coordinating outdoor activities, providing food and gear, and assisting PEAK staff with any outdoor-related aspects of the program.
- Assist with WCC’s Wilderness First Responder course. Intern(s) may attend the training and earn the certification for free. They will also be expected to help the instructors with procuring needed gear before the course and setting up as needed.
- Provide logistical support for the Freshman 21 Day Trip in August, including but not limited to: ordering, packing, and throwing food for the trip; coordinating re-rations; supporting instructors; and assisting with de-issue after the course.
- Experience working with the college’s outdoor program or a similar outdoor program.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, organization, attention to detail, creativity, and reliability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must when working with sensitive information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to maintain a challenging schedule. Specific
- Familiarity with basic procedures of the outdoor program, including backcountry menus and gear repair, as well as the willingness and ability to learn more.
- Strong communication needed with supervisors and co-workers as well as other college staff, course participants, incoming freshmen, and parents.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- Willingness and ability to professionally represent the goals of WCC, the outdoor program, and COR to a wide audience.
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic and positive attitude with a challenging schedule.
- Must have a current driver’s license and a clean driving record.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, WCC job application, and the names and contact information for three professional references (at least one immediate workplace supervisor preferred) to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Preference is given to applications received by Dec 1.