Job Title: Seasonal Trail Technician (Full time, 12 weeks)
Organization: Sheridan Community Land Trust
Location: Sheridan, WY
Sheridan Community Land Trust works to preserve our heritage of open spaces, healthy rivers and creeks, working ranches, wildlife habitat, and vibrant history, while expanding non-motorized recreation opportunities. We have built and manage over 13 miles of trail. For more information about SCLT and its programs, visit http://www.sheridanclt.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trail Maintenance/Improvements: Conduct projects such as mowing and weed eating, trail reshaping, management of weeds, and cleanup of debris on the Tongue River Water Trail.
- Involves often strenuous labor using and transporting over distance hand tools, equipment (trimmer, weed sprayer, chainsaw) and/or supplies in wheelbarrows (lumber, gravel, etc.).
- Trail Construction: Assist the SCLT Trails Excavator Operator / Construction Supervisor in the building of new trail.
- Volunteer Management: Assist the SCLT Trails Excavator Operator / Construction Supervisor in the managing and supervising volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Care of Equipment: Responsible for keeping tools/equipment clean, organized, and in working order.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Department of Motor Vehicle- acceptable motor vehicle record; valid driver’s license.
- Background (Criminal) Check
- General Reference
- Ability to work effectively for extended periods, out-of-doors, often on uneven terrain, performing work which often involves heavy lifting, digging, carrying, brush cutting, etc.
- Construction experience is preferred.
- Comfortable operating tools and equipment like mowers, trimmers, trail tools such as rakes/shovels/hoes, etc.
- Ability to perform work independently and unsupervised following written and oral direction involving multiple task assignments.
- Ability to work effectively with others; to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability and means to travel to work locations unassisted. Valid driver’s license required.
Start/End dates: 5/18/2020 – 8/7/2020
Salary/pay: 12 / hour
How to apply & application deadline:
Email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line: “Trail Technician Application”. Applications are only accepted electronically. No calls please. The position is open until filled. SCLT is an equal opportunity employer.