Job Title: Communications & Public Relations Internship
Organization: Wyoming Stock Growers Association
Type of opportunity: WSGA is looking for a willing, dedicated, and enthusiastic intern majoring in Agricultural Communications or Journalism to join our staff for the summer months in Cheyenne, WY.
- Help educate and inform Real Ranchers’ and WSGA members through social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Word Press by interviewing and/or obtaining information from rural Wyoming communities or person(s).
- Opportunity to assist the Executive Vice President conducting research as needed.
- Learn various aspects of the WSGA webpage and updating through the site.
- Develop and release press releases to state and affiliate media.
- Interview, write and photograph for articles that will be in the quarterly CowCountry Magazine.
- Open mind to learn various agricultural issues
- Work hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Travel and additional work hours during convention and special events will occur throughout the summer (Interns will be notified before event).
- Stipend:$1,200/ month (two pay periods per month by direct deposit)
- Internship located at 113 East 20th Street, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Link to more information: https://wysga.org/programs/scholarships-internships
How to apply: To apply for this opportunity, please submit a current resume, a letter of interest explaining your educational goals and how you plan to use your degree after graduating, one writing sample and two letters of recommendation to the attention of Olivia Sanchez at the Wyoming Stock Growers Association. P.O. Box 206, Cheyenne, WY 82003 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Application deadline: April 17, 2020