Rock Springs, WY
Job Title: Seasonal Outdoor Recreation Specialist
Organization: Wyoming Office of Outdoor Recreation
Type of opportunity: This temporary seasonal position reports to the Manager of the Wyoming Office of Outdoor Recreation and is responsible for a range of duties with the goal of developing and promoting new and existing outdoor recreation opportunities across the state.
- Work cooperatively with staff in Wyoming State Parks & Cultural Resources to accomplish a shared mission and achieve a variety of goals across divisions, sections, and units.
- Assist with the development, coordination, staffing, and logistics of outdoor recreation events, programs, trade shows, and community collaborative efforts.
- Perform administrative duties for the Office of Outdoor Recreation.
- Research and inventory outdoor recreation opportunities and events.
- Create and maintain outdoor recreation databases.
- Assist with marketing efforts and update social media accounts regularly.
- Develop web content for WyoRec.com, including text, photos, maps, and hyperlinks.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Answer phone calls and emails; provide responses to inquiries or direct appropriately.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Some college coursework is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel and overnight away from home occasionally.
- Must be comfortable working all day outdoors for some programs and events.
- Ability to work with the general public of all ages and backgrounds.
Start and end dates: The season starts in March/April and ends in September/October with the work week typically being 40 hours
Salary/pay: Starting pay is $12-$14/hour depending on qualifications.
How to apply: Contact Chris Floyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)