Job Title: Student Trainee (Business and Industry)
Organization: US Forest Service
Type of opportunity: The Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. This Student Trainee position will be filled as an Intern appointment The appointment is indefinite and is expected to last for the duration of the student’s academic attendance.
Contact: Contact For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position is designed to provide a career-oriented introduction to the background, philosophy, concepts, and scope of the Forest Service Business and Industry functions and a practical understanding of the policies of the employing organization
- Assignments are developmental in nature and, in conjunction with formal education, the Intern will gain the necessary competencies leading to conversion to a permanent administrative or clerical position in a Business and Industry field.
- Work assignments are selected to ensure that the Intern receives on-the-job training and exposure to one or more program functions.
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Business and Industry.
- As training advances and proficiency is demonstrated, work assignment are increasingly more demanding, and are designed to provide experience in a variety of activities.
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Business and Industry functions
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Forest Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management
Desired qualifications: You are required to meet the eligibility requirements of the Internship program, in order to be considered for this position. You must meet all the eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit this site.
Start and end dates: Full-time position.
Salary/pay: $27,800 to $34,916 per year
How to apply: Apply here.
Application deadline: 04/20/2020