Job Title: Graduate Assistant
Organization: Social Justice Research Center
Type of opportunity: The Social Justice Research Center at the University of Wyoming is accepting applications for their Graduate Research position. Placement in the SJRC Graduate program is for one academic year. Continuing students who wish to apply for support the following year must complete a new application. If academic progress and work performance as a graduate assistant are unsatisfactory the assistantship is subject to forfeiture or modification of the award.
Duties: The SJRC graduate assistantship includes a tuition-and-fee waiver and a stipend for performing services (working ~19 hours / week) in at UW while completing graduate studies to complete a master’s or doctorate degree SJRC Graduate Program Application final 4-13-20
- Accepted/enrolled in UW grad program.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Full-time enrollment (9 or more credit hours, fall/spring semester)
- Demonstrate academic potential/accomplishments
- Demonstrate financial need
- Full institutional funding not available at time of application
- Potential to complete graduate education in 1-2 years
- Past and current minority population involvement
- Potential to contribute back to the minority community upon graduation and support social justice
How to apply & more information: SJRC Graduate Program Application final 4-13-20
Application deadline: May 15
- Interviews will take place in late May.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by June 15.
- Awardees must respond by June 30 and accept the SJRC graduate assistantship award; otherwise, funding will be reallocated to another student applicant.