Job Title: Marketing, Social Media and Photography Intern
Organization: Feeding Laramie Valley
Type of opportunity: A Feeding Laramie Valley (FLV) Marketing, Social Media and Photography Summer Associate (SA) will serve as a community-based activist and advocate for group and individual efforts to promote local food security and equity in Albany County, Wyoming. This position involves designing marketing strategies, managing social media accounts, working alongside summer lunch and shares programs to capture photos and videos, and being creative!
Duties: Photos and videos are intended to be used for Feeding Laramie Valley current and future marketing efforts. You may include credit to your name for photos while working with us. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Spend time at all FLV’s food production sites, capturing photos and videos of staff and volunteers, all aspects of the food production process.
- With careful confidentiality, guidance, approval and permission from your supervisor, conduct community voice journalism that includes interviews with volunteers, lunch participants, community members and summer team members – bring their food/gardening/ program participation – related stories to life through social media and blog posts.
- Work with FLV staff to promote ongoing programs through (re)design of brochures, websites, email marketing efforts and social media outreach.
- Help with Higher Ground Fair marketing efforts including interviewing fair presenters, vendors and performers; updating social media outlets; creating signs and flyers and much, much more!
- Attend FLV and public events, capturing our participation in community events.
- Weekly farmers market (June-September)
- Freedom Has a Birthday (July 4)
- Food and Fun in the Park (August 22)
- Attend meetings and training as arranged with the FLV Director.
- The FLV Summer Associates are expected to work closely with their primary supervisor, as part of a cooperative and supportive team, including being supportive of and helping volunteers.
Start and end dates: May 2020 to July 2020 OR June 2020 to September 2020 (Ability to commit to entire 10-week season with some holiday, weekend and/or evening work as required. There is occasional flexibility in the schedule with supervisor’s advance approval.)
Salary/pay: Bi-weekly living allowance of about $479.08, 35/hour work week for 10 weeks. Choice of an end-of-service education award of about $1,311.00 that can be used for school payments or federal loans or cash stipend accrued at approximately $345.00.
How to apply: Essay and interview required. If selected for an interview, two references will be required.
Applicants are asked to write a detailed essay expressing how this experience will benefit social justice projects throughout the community as well as how working for Feeding Laramie Valley will enhance their personal and professional goals. In this essay, please describe why this position interests you, what relevant experience you may have, and why you would be a good fit for Feeding Laramie Valley.
Please email essay and full contact information to Candace Teems, firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us for alternative delivery methods. A resume may also be included but is not required. Please place in the email subject line: 2020 VISTA Summer Associate – Social Media.
Application deadline: Applications may be submitted beginning Thursday, February 13, 2020, and must be received no later than 11:00 p.m. Mountain Time, Friday, May 1, 2020 for consideration for the 2020 AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate – Feeding Laramie Valley Marketing, Social Media and Photography position.