Wall, South Dakota
Job Title: Interpretive Specialist
Type of opportunity: This position is located on the Nebraska National Forest and Grasslands on the Buffalo Gap National Grassland in Wall, SD.
Incumbent is responsible for program planning, presentation and oversight of the interpretive and conservation education program.
Contact: Alex Grant at Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 605-279-2125, or click here to apply.
- Provide oversite of a large natural resource programs such as education, tourism and conservation.
- Provide oversight and/or leadership for the interpretive and educational programming, special events and daily operations of the Visitors Center.
- Ensure training is provided to staff and volunteers to enable them to fully perform their duties.
- Develop written materials for the public to educate and inform including but not limited to articles, pamphlets, and education materials.
- Design materials that includes defining the audience needs and interests, theme development, subject research and text writing and editing.
- Participate in short/long-term strategic planning for the center?s conservation education, interpretive and visitors center programs.
- Plans, design educational information to schools, tourist, and other outside parties.
- Oversee exhibit loan policy to endure professional standards are met for artifact storage, packing, shipping and security are being met.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for the unit’s work.
- Analyze effectiveness and appeal of program to programs offered at a public information office.
- Develop and/or maintain relationships with partner organizations to facilitate program support and delivery.