Job Title: Campus Sustainability Student Internship
Organization: University of Wyoming Campus Sustainability Committee
Type of opportunity: The University of Wyoming Campus Sustainability Committee (UW-CSC) is seeking a student intern to complete the University’s annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory for Fiscal Years 2019 and 2020. Emissions tracking is a key component of UW’s sustainability efforts, which are tracked by the Sustainability Tracking, Rating, and Assessment (STARS) tool.
- Work with staff across campus—including Operations, Accounting, Research and Economic Development, and other units—to gather greenhouse gas emissions data
- Compile data into an Excel-based carbon calculator
- Complete a report summarizing emissions and progress toward goals to reduce emissions.
- Summarize findings to Campus Sustainability Committee and work with CSC Communications Intern to disseminate findings
- Update procedure manual as needed for future GHG inventories
- Basic spreadsheet/Excel knowledge—how to enter data, create graphs, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with others across campus
- Able to work 10-12 hours a week per week in both Fall and Spring semesters
Salary/pay: $3,000 stipend
How to apply: Please submit a PDF document to Forrest Selmer (FSelmer@uwyo.edu) and Michael Ziemann (Ziemann@uwyo.edu) that includes the following:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position including any relevant work/volunteer/class experiences, how the position would benefit you academically and professionally, and why you are interested in the position
- Current resume or CV
- Contact information for two academic and/or professional references who can speak to your work ethic and communication skills
- A transcript of UW courses (can be unofficial printed off WyoWeb)
Application deadline: September 25, 2020 at 5 p.m.