Multiple locations in Colorado
Job Title: Adventure Day Camp Instructor
Overview: Currently seeking passionate applicants that have a passion for working with children ages 4-17, and have some experience in one or all of the following activities: hiking, biking, rock climbing, paddling, backpacking and outdoor education. Experience in these activities is beneficial but not required, as there is extensive training to bring all the staff up to speed on everything for the summer!
- Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in outdoor activities including mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing and Leave No Trace principles.
- Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor adventures.
- Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
- Co-lead off-site activities at designated recreation areas.
- Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
- Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff.
- Minimum of Basic/Community First Aid & CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with WFA or higher do receive additional compensation).
- Must be at least 19 years of age by the start of camp.
- Share our passion for inspiring kids to get outside and away from screens!
- 1+ years of experience working with groups of school-aged kids through volunteering, school, babysitting, etc.
- Personal experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling or hiking.
- Training starts in late May/early June, depending on the state in which you will work, camp programs run through mid-August
Start and end dates: Summer 2021
Salary/pay: Click here to see the different rates for different positions
How to Apply: Please click here to view the full job description, as well as how to apply