Job Title: Associate
Organization: Kearns & West
Position Overview: Kearns & West seeks a Associate in the Denver, Colorado office. The candidate will support a range of stakeholder engagement, communications, problem solving, dispute resolution, and public engagement and outreach projects. It is likely this position will focus on projects in the transportation sector. The position provides an opportunity to work on projects around the state as well as the possibility of involvement in regional and national projects.
- Support for multi-party collaboratives involving complex, high-profile public policy issues
- Leading or supporting the coordination of meeting logistics
- Documenting stakeholder engagement and community meetings, including notetaking, report preparation, and database management
- Communications and outreach support
- Tracking project activities and deadlines
- Preparation of informational materials for stakeholders and the public
- Project research
- Administrative duties
- Digital engagement and social media
- Business development and development of project proposals including budgets
- Project management, contract administration, and invoice preparation
- Proofreading reports and other documents
- And more…
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a background/interest in transportation, community/regional planning, environmental/public policy issues, natural resource management, renewable energy, transmission, air quality, public involvement, conflict resolution, peace building and mediation. Two to five years of experience is preferred.
Currently looking for someone who is:
- Organized and prepared to contribute to our full team
- Adaptable and flexible
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- An effective and reliable communicator
- Interested in learning facilitation skills and growing to facilitate complex public policy issues
- Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines
- Able to work and balance multiple projects for multiple clients
- Successful at balancing working as part of a team with working independently
Applicant must demonstrate strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management, and proficiency or interest in webinar, website, and data analysis technologies. Graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite skills are desirable, but not required.
Salary/pay: Compensation will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How to apply: Please apply immediately by submitting cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Denver Associate Opening.” Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.