Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Kearns & West
Position Overview: Kearns & West seeks a Project Coordinator in the Denver, Colorado office. The candidate will support a range of stakeholder engagement, communications, problem solving, dispute resolution, and public engagement and outreach projects. It is likely this position will focus on projects in the transportation sector. The position provides an opportunity to work on projects around the state as well as the possibility of involvement in regional and national projects.
- Leading or supporting coordination of meeting logistics
- Attending meetings with stakeholders and providing logistics and note taking support
- Developing meeting summaries and reports
- Communications and outreach support
- Preparation of informational materials for stakeholders and the public
- Project research
- Proofreading reports and other documents
- Database management
- Business development support including assistance with coordinating, tracking, and writing project proposals
- Tracking project activities and deadlines
- General staff support and maintaining office operations
- Administrative duties
- Managing staffing schedules
- Coordinating invoicing and expenses
- And more…
Qualifications: Successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a background/interest in transportation, community/regional planning, natural resource management, renewable energy, environmental/public policy issues, air quality, public involvement, conflict resolution, peace building and mediation. One to three years of work experience is preferred. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable but not required.
Currently looking for someone who is:
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Prepared to contribute to our full team
- Adaptable and flexible
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- An effective and reliable communicator
- Interested in learning facilitation skills and growing to facilitate complex public policy issues
- Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Able to work and balance multiple projects for multiple clients
- Successful at balancing working as part of a team with working independently
Applicant must demonstrate strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management. Graphic design and InDesign skills are desirable, but not required.
Salary/pay: Compensation will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How to apply: Please apply immediately by submitting cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Denver Project Coordinator Opening.” Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.