Job Title: Wildlife Insights Business Development Intern
Organization: Conservation International
Organization Overview: Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Wildlife Insights is a new platform that aims to revolutionize wildlife conservation by providing cutting edge AI technology, a cloud-based data sharing platform and access to the world’s largest and most diverse camera trap dataset. By bringing together the latest in conservation technology, Wildlife Insights is enabling conservationists to leverage big data for wildlife conservation. The Wildlife Insights partners include Conservation International, Smithsonian Institution, Wildlife Conservation Society, North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, WWF, Map of Life, Zoological Society of London and Google.
Wildlife Insights was launched in late 2019 and has since been in discussion with many organizations and agencies that have a need for a centralized data management, analysis and sharing platform. The Wildlife Insights team is looking for a motivated Business Development Intern to support engagement with these organizations and further our understanding of the market potential for Wildlife Insights.
The Wildlife Insights Business Development Intern will have an opportunity to interact with conservation stakeholders across the world and collaborate with a dedicated team committed to designing solutions to advance wildlife conservation. This internship is a great opportunity for a mission-driven, entrepreneurial individual to apply their expertise to the conservation field!
- Establishing a contact list of organizations, agencies and companies that conduct wildlife monitoring or have an interest in wildlife conservation.
- Market research for priority client types, including identifying and developing areas that pose highest growth opportunity for Wildlife Insights.
- Meeting with potential clients to understand their need for a software solution and to demo the Wildlife Insights platform.
- Developing case studies, presentations, fact sheets and other written and visual materials to highlight successes.
- The Intern will also be responsible for other program related tasks as requested by their supervisor.
- Currently enrolled or a recent graduate (3 months post-graduation) in a degree program in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical and non-technical concepts clearly and concisely;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, resourcefulness and tenacity;
- Ability to work with cross-cultural and interdisciplinary teams;
- Experience and/or strong interest in issues related to conservation;
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Demonstrated experience mapping value propositions to market segments;
- Knowledge or experience working with wildlife centered government agencies and/or the environmental consulting, forestry or agricultural sectors;
- Basic experience and/or understanding of business-to-business client acquisition strategies.
Time Commitment: This is a 12 week paid summer internship.
Application Deadline: April 30