Position Title:Mosquito Control Specialist Supervisor
Organization: City of Laramie
Overview: The City of Laramie is accepting applications for a Mosquito Control Specialist Supervisor to supervise, plan and coordinate the surveillance and control of both larval and adult mosquitoes within the City and rural areas around the City. Under direction, the selected candidate will apply pesticides by hand, from ATVs, and trucks, assist in loading of chemicals for aerial applications and directly supervise provisional mosquito control technicians
(Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would be qualifying):
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Class C driver’s license.
- Must meet physical requirements for N95 respirator use.
- Flexibility to work different shifts from early morning to overnight and weekends, including split shifts.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in all types of weather; complete physical mobility and average strength; ability to develop skills in a wide variety of equipment operation and basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to work with other employees and to interact with the public; ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Steel-toed work boots required.
- First aid, CPR and other OSHA certification may be required and will be made available through on the job training.
- Ability to provide accurate data input for record keeping requirements.
- Ideal candidate will have Wyoming Department of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicators license with Public Health or Mosquito Control endorsements and one-year previous experience in mosquito control.
- Background in Entomology or related biological sciences is also preferred.
- Experience with handheld GPS data-loggers.
- Availability to begin work mid-May and work through August.
Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check.
Salary/pay: $9.42 – $12.67 per hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week
How to Apply: Please click here to apply and to view the full job description