Position Title: Recreation Generalist
Organization: City of Laramie
Overview: The City of Laramie is looking for a Recreation Generalist to perform a variety of duties in the operation of the Laramie Community Recreation Center. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assisting Coordinators in projects, organizing portions of events, greeting customers, answering public inquiries, instructing youth, guiding projects, and managing games.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team atmosphere; ability to work well under general supervision; communicate well verbally; work well in a dynamic and often busy environment.
- Must possess computer knowledge and skills.
- First aid and CPR/AED certification are required (training will be provided to successful candidate.)
(A combination of the following experience and training, or the equivalent of, would be qualifying):
- Working knowledge of sports and fitness.
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to recreational activities.
- Understanding and experience in working with the general public, including parents and children, seniors and interest groups.
- Demonstrate ability for self-motivation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and the general public; ability to create and maintain enthusiasm in the workplace.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check.
Salary/pay: $8.75 – $11.77 per hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Hours: Up to 10 hours a week, available on Saturdays
How to Apply: Please click here to apply and to view the full job description