Position Title: Recreation Leader
Organization: Teton County Parks and Recreation
Position Overview: Come to Jackson, Wyoming to work within Camp Jackson summer camp. Currently looking for a person who is passionate about working with kids and can be a leader within the program. Camp Jackson works with children of Teton County entering first grade- entering sixth grade. This program will be full-time (8:00am- 4:30pm) Monday-Friday once summer camp starts. Housing may be available at the employee’s expense. There are leadership roles that employee housing is included.
- Supervises and leads the day-to-day operations of assigned recreation programs and activities;, and assembles necessary supplies for each activity.
- May take attendance for assigned group and records names of participants who are not in attendance; calls participants or parents to verify absences as necessary.
- Oversees, leads, and assists with various activities; observes participants during program; enforces rules and safety procedures; implements disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Participates in facility or venue set-up, clean-up, and sanitation.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND six months of experience in recreation programs or working with children; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Wyoming/Idaho Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
Required Knowledge of:
- Recreation site safety rules and regulations.
- Methods of program planning and implementation.
- Principles, practices, and methods of conflict resolution and problem solving.
Required Skills in:
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with coworkers and other individuals in contact during the course of work; communicating clearly and concisely
- Assessing, prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Administering basic first aid.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed both in an indoor or protected environment and outdoors. The incumbent may be occasionally exposed to unfavorable conditions while located at County facilities or at other locations during the course of business.
- Required to work routine nights and weekends as regular schedule.
- Required to work unsupervised in the presence of children or vulnerable adults.
Start and end dates: June 14 to August 13
How to apply: To apply for this position please create an application online here.
For more information, please reach out to Meghan Spaulding at email@example.com