Position Title: Seasonal Staff
Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Recreation Office
Position Overview: These temporary, seasonal positions report to the Manager of the Wyoming Office of Outdoor Recreation. They are responsible for a range of duties to develop and promote new and existing outdoor recreation opportunities across the state. The six-month season typically starts in April and ends in October, with the workweek being 40 hours, but flexible scheduling, shifts, and locations may be possible from time to time.
- Work cooperatively with staff in Wyoming State Parks & Cultural Resources to accomplish a shared mission and achieve various goals across divisions, sections, and units.
- Assist with the development, coordination, staffing, and logistics of outdoor recreation events, programs, trade shows, and community collaborative efforts.
- Perform administrative duties for the Office of Outdoor Recreation.
- Research and inventory outdoor recreation opportunities and events.
- Create and maintain outdoor recreation databases and spreadsheets.
- Assist with marketing efforts and update social media accounts regularly.
- Develop web content for WyoRec.com, including text, photos, maps, and hyperlinks.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Answer phone calls and emails; respond to inquiries or direct appropriately.
- Preference may be given to those with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preference may be given to those with some college course work.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid drivers license
- May require extensive travel.
- Must be comfortable working all day outdoors for some programs and events.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Google Suite
- Ability to comprehend and apply State of Wyoming policies and procedures
How to apply: Please click here to apply and to view the full job description