Various locations, CO
Position Title: Park Ranger (OHV)
Organization: Bureau of Land Management
These positions are located in:
1) Kremmling, Colorado
2) Grand Junction, Colorado
3) Montrose, Colorado
6) Gunnison, Colorado
7) Canon City, Colorado
8) Craig, Colorado
9) Meeker, Colorado
We expect to fill at least 12-16 vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
Note: These are not Law Enforcement positions.
- Meets with visitors to provide information concerning points of interest, travel routes, historical and natural features, site use opportunities and limitations, and park activities.
- Posts daily weather, flash flood, and road conditions for the safety of visitors. Closes areas when conditions warrant.
- Provides applicants information on issuance of permits; takes initial application for permit; informs permit holders of action required to correct minor violations of permits and resolves major violations.
- Ensures that commercial outfitters are in compliance with Special Recreation Permit stipulations to include conformance with laws and land use plans, public safety, resource protection, etc., and handling suspected violations.
- Ensures protection of property from visitor-related depredation. Controls visitor use traffic in facilities.
- Reviews visitor use patterns and their effects on the resources; instrumental in making changes in operations or facilities when necessary.
- Develops interpretive programs, conducting independent research of topics using sources such as records, books, files, and, where appropriate, interviews with people who have personal knowledge of a particular site or event.
- Presents a variety of formal and interpretive programs to include, but not limited to, orientation talks, environmental education programs, conducted walks, demonstrations, and campfire programs.
- Coordinates projects identified in the annual work plan including planning, designing, surveying, construction, and maintenance of trails, campsites, etc., as required.
- Gathers and analyzes data related to existing recreational resources to recognize prominent trends.
- Prepares recreation areas/sites for visitor use to include planning, operation, and required maintenance.
- Plans day-to-day operations of a recreation area or site that provides such facilities as camping, water sports, or picnic areas.
- Coordinates routine activities with maintenance personnel. Performs day-to-day operations at a visitor center or customer use area such as campgrounds, picnic areas, trails, and/or other specialized recreational opportunities.
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science, Environmental Studies, Biology, or similar area of study.
- Experience working with Children is required.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification
- See additional qualifications on job listing
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Be sure to read the How to Apply and Required Documents Sections.
- You cannot hold an active real estate license: nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Lands.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Appointment will be subject to a favorably adjudicated background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Your resume must contain enough information to show that you meet the qualification requirements as defined in the announcement. In addition, your responses to the questions must adequately reflect in your resume.
- This position may require regular and recurring overtime and shift work.
- This position requires you to wear an officially-approved uniform while in a duty status.
- Some locations may require that you possess (or obtain within 30 days of entrance on duty) and maintain a valid state driver’s license while employed in this position.
- Pay scale: GS 5-7
- Salary: $16.90 to $21.26 per hour; full-time
- Seasonal – This is a temporary appointment. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status and will be for a period not-to-exceed 1039 hours in a service year
How to Apply: To view the full job description as well as how to apply, click here.