Position Title: Ruckelshaus Institute Research Scientist, Asst-Emerging Issues Initiative Coordinator
Organization: Ruckelshaus Institute, Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources, University of Wyoming
We are looking for someone with excellent written and interpersonal communication skills who can bridge scholarship around environment and natural resource challenges to managers, decision makers, and engaged citizens beyond the university. This person’s role will be to help advance our mission of supporting effective environment and natural resource decision making through compelling communication, applied research, and collaborative decision-making approaches. More specifically, this person will coordinate our emerging issues initiatives and help communicate faculty research to non-academic stakeholders.
We seek a coordinator to work closely with the Ruckelshaus Institute team, the Haub School faculty, UW students, and external partners to shepherd our initiatives from start to finish. This will include managing timelines; convening the leadership team; developing graduate student team projects; grant writing and seeking funding from partners; arranging scoping activities such as listening sessions and surveys; coordinating and contributing to information gathering, synthesis, fact-finding, and information sharing; planning and implementing a public forum with invited speakers and panelists; publishing and distributing forum proceedings; and additional convening of and communicating with initiative participants.
Alongside coordinating initiatives, this individual will also help the Ruckelshaus team and Haub School faculty communicate a range of project and research findings to broad, non-academic audiences through various media formats such as reports, press releases, research briefs, web pages, email newsletters, social media, and other. This will entail working closely with Haub School faculty and others in editing, contracting graphic designers and printers, and managing mail lists for publication distribution.
- Initiative coordination (35%)
- Applied research, information gathering, synthesis, fact-finding, and writing (10%)
- Publication and communications editing, production, and distribution (50%)
- Grant writing and fundraising (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with diverse partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with software such as email, word processing, cloud file storage, web editing, social media, video conferencing, and other
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Haub School, the University of Wyoming, and beyond
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Experience producing (editing, contracting with a graphic designer, coordinating printing, etc.) compelling communications pieces in range of media formats
- Experience facilitating diverse teams on collaborative projects
- Track record of successful grant writing and/or fundraising
- Advanced degree and/or professional experience in communications, journalism, English, public administration, political science or related field
- Understanding of ecology, culture, economics, and politics of Wyoming and rural West
How to Apply:
This position is open until July 25th.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
This is a full-time benefitted position with the potential for a three-year rolling contract. To apply and find more details click here.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.