Position Title: Indiana Conservative Climate Field Organizer
Employment Type: Contractor – 30 hours/week for 6 months
Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL)/Citizens’ Climate Education (CCE) is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization focused on national policies to address climate change. CCE works to build nationwide support for a revenue neutral carbon dividend approach to address climate change and coordinates with a 501(c)(4) sister organization, Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL), when volunteers engage in advocacy for specific legislation. Our 190,000 supporters are organized into more than 500 chapters. CCL/CCE staff train and support volunteers to build relationships with elected officials, publish media about climate solutions, educate their communities about climate change, and build political will for national climate legislation. CCL/CCE prides itself on its unique approach to build upon shared values rather than partisan divides. CCL/CCE creates a dynamic and diverse work environment that supports the growth and development of our staff. For more information about Citizens’ Climate, visit our website at www.citizensclimatelobby.org.
The Conservative Climate Field Organizer is responsible for onboarding and organizing new conservative advocates recruited in the state of Indiana (aiming for 30-50 new contacts per week via digital ads). Specifically the Field Organizer will be responsible for:
- Recruiting and onboarding conservative climate advocates. Get them engaged in calling/writing congress, amplifying social media, making selfie videos about their support for climate action, recruiting other volunteers, participating in local and virtual events, etc.
- Working with volunteers to build support from local elected officials (mayors, state legislators, etc.) including sign-on letters, op-eds, etc.
- Working with our Business Relations team, recruiting business and industry voices for sign-on letters to elected officials.
- Cultivating and deploying conservative/industry voices at community events and in earned media opportunities (in coordination with our communications staff).
- Working with our Business Relations team, help explore opportunities to work with forestry, biomass, manufacturing and agricultural leaders to gain their vocal support for climate action.
- Organizing virtual/in-person town halls with local community leaders.
- Collaborating with local Eco-Right Coalition partners
- In coordination with existing CCL volunteers, meeting with local elected officials and Indiana’s congressional delegation.
- 1-2 years of experience organizing volunteers.
- Passion for solving climate change.
- Experience working with conservative volunteers and local leaders.
- Campaign experience is a plus.
- Ability to train, motivate, coordinate, and support volunteers in their work.
- Comfort reaching out to strangers via email and phone.
- Solid skills with collaboration tools such as google drive/sheets/docs, zoom, email, etc.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Familiarity and comfort with Indiana and it’s local politics and culture.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Access to a computer with camera, phone and reliable internet required.
- Ability to travel within the state of Indiana.
Compensation: $3000/mo. for 30 hours/week plus $175/mo stipend for travel. Duration of the contract is 6 months.
How to Apply:
Send resumes to email@example.com with Indiana Conservative Field Organizer in the subject line.
Position open until filled