Position Title: Grant Writer
Employment Type: Full time/Exempt
Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) and Citizens’ Climate Education (CCE) are non-partisan grassroots advocacy organizations that advance climate solutions in the United States. CCE is a registered 501(c)(3) organization that empowers volunteers to build relationships with elected officials, publish media, and educate their communities about climate change. CCL is a registered 501(c)(4) organization that supports volunteer-led and other direct lobbying on select climate legislation. Together, these two organizations strategically build political will to enact impactful climate policies at the state and national levels. For more information about CCL/CCE, visit www.citizensclimate.org.
The Grant Writer is a 40 hour a week, remote position that reports directly to the Associate Development Director. The Grant Writer will be primarily responsible for researching grant prospects, writing grant applications and reports, preparing budgets, supporting foundation stewardship, and developing or updating fundraising collateral and general communications as needed. The 2021 combined fundraising goal for both CCL and CCE is $9.6 million, 25-33% of which will be from foundation grants.
- Research prospective funding opportunities, including individual philanthropists, foundations, and corporations.
- Collaborate with program staff and finance team to develop comprehensive letters of intent, grant proposals, and reports.
- Ensure timely preparation, review and submission of all grant materials.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgment of foundation gifts, and on occasion support with individual donor acknowledgments.
- Support donor stewardship by providing written materials to the Donor Relations Officers.
- Coordinate and draft content for the organizations’ annual report.
- Manage the communications calendar for the Development Team and write development-related content for blog posts, weekly briefings, and monthly newsletter.
- Support the Associate Development Director in executing aspects of our two annual fundraising campaigns, as needed.
- Maintain performance standards and workflow processes through Salesforce and the grants calendar.
- Provide support during our two national conferences, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or CFRE preferred.
- A writing sample will be required, displaying grant writing experience or a comparable skill.
- 3+ years of grant writing experience.
- Proven track record of securing foundation and/or corporate grants.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand the needs of both the organization and the funder.
- Detail-oriented, organized, accountable, and deadline-driven.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and remote work environment.
- Effective team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Able to handle confidential information and/or issues using discretion and good judgment.
- Promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect and fun.
- Alignment with the organization’s mission and values.
- Experience with MS Office suite, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning, Classy, and Candid preferred.
Schedule: Monday – Friday with flexibility to include evenings and weekends. Some travel required.
Salary and Benefits:
$52,000 annual salary. Competitive benefits include health insurance (eligibility after a 30-day wait period), dental and vision insurance, and a 401K retirement plan. Two weeks vacation will be accrued during the first year of employment. An additional week of vacation is accrued after one year of employment.
How to Apply:
Apply on Zip Recruiter
Application will be open until position is filled
CCL/CCE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
In order to further our efforts to create an inclusive and fair workplace, we uphold the Americans with Disabilities Act and provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities.