Position Title: Office Aide Student Worker
Organization: Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources
Location: Laramie, WY
Position Overview: This Office Aide position supports the work of the Haub School by serving in a reception role and supporting school meetings and events. This position provides exemplary and reliable services to students, faculty, staff, and visitors by greeting and directing visitors and callers, responding to questions, supporting school meetings and events, performing clerical and organizational tasks, and supporting the day-to-day functions of the school across multiple campus buildings.
Applicants must be able to work between 8am and 5pm, Monday-Friday. Schedule changes each semester. Early morning, evening, and weekend special event hours may be available from time to time. Generally, 5-15 hours per week.
Office and customer service: General reception, greeting walk-in traffic, processing mail, organizing files, copying/scanning, running errands around campus, assisting faculty and staff with projects, and data entry.
Events: Assist with implementation of Haub School events possibly including recruitment resource fairs, film screenings, speaker series, celebrations, meetings, and event set-up and clean-up.
Student services: Greeting, fielding student questions, and directing student and prospective student questions to appropriate staff.
Sustainability: Support sustainability, zero waste, and food share efforts including volunteer training and coordination, communications, compost management, and other projects as needed.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to work with the public
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills
- Demonstrated positive and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to organize work and perform duties with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to learn to use office machines (Apple computer, telephone, fax, copier, printer, and scanning machines effective oral and written communication skills
- Ideal candidates will be pursuing a Haub School major or minor
- Ideal candidates have past experience in an office environment
How to Apply: Apply to assist the Haub School with reception and other office support duties at the Bim Kendall House about 9 hours a week. Current Haub School and other UWyo students are encouraged to apply here. Students with a Work Study award can apply here. Contact Colleen Bourque email@example.com with questions.