Job Title: Director of Operations
Organization: Herrmann Global
Location: Lander, WY
Organization Overview: Herrmann Global is a highly reputable strategic tourism marketing firm that specializes in connecting travel and hospitality brands to the right audience. They utilize the latest technology and industry trends to efficiently inspire and engage relevant potential travelers by creating unique stories via Visit USA Parks and Untraveled. They are a passionate, value driven group of people committed to a shared purpose of helping destinations that are lesser-known build a competitive advantage globally with a small budget. They work hard, but we also value rest, self-care and rejuvenation. Most companies pay lip service to this, but we’ve embedded these values within the policies and procedures, offering up to 28 paid vacation days for all staff, as one of many examples. The office is located in a small town in Wyoming, surrounded by gorgeous mountains that offer world-class climbing, backpacking, and fishing. They love the staff in the office, but are also a virtual company with team members spread across the US and Europe.
Position Overview: If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced, innovative environment, and have a keen eye for detail, then they would love to hear from you.
Herrmann Global is seeking an experienced Director of Operations, with experience ideally in the tourism marketing, advertising agency and operational management field. He/she will be responsible for overseeing effective operating procedures and leading the continued vision and growth strategy of the company. Duties include reviewing company documents and tools to make inferences about factors like communication or productivity, working with the amazing global team to implement hiring procedures and communicating with the leadership to improve company operations.
- Defining, implementing and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization.
- Developing and executing new growth directives.
- Working with the leadership to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs.
- Working with the leadership to develop and implement staff evaluation parameters.
- Liaising with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide operational compliance.
- Keeping track of the company’s revenue margins and conducting reviews to maximize profits.
- Overseeing client support services.
- Managing procurement and resource allocation.
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities.
- Superior knowledge of tourism marketing industry procedures and operational guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis software packages.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management packages.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to research and learn about trends and tools in social media, marketing, and advertising
- Care more: You must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Be curious: You must have a high level of interest in constantly learning new things.
- Problem solving: You must possess the ability to identify and understand problems and have a willingness to solve them
- Sensitivity: You must have a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients, and the Herrmann Global business.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality & tourism, or relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of operational management.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing local and remote teams.
How to apply: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org