Estes Park, CO
Job Title: Group Programs Director
Organization: YMCA of the Rockies
Location: Estes Park, Colorado
Duties: The Group Programs Coordinator will work with groups (schools, youth and church groups, family reunions, and weddings) to schedule programming (outdoor education, archery, axe throwing, climbing wall, low ropes course, guided hikes and guided campfire). Before a group’s scheduled trip, the Group Programs Coordinator will answer phone calls and emails, and give arrival information. Once Groups are on property they will lead programs, and be the point person for questions or assistance.
- Administration: scheduling groups and staff to run programming.
- Train and mentor other staff working with group programs.
- Communicate with all guests and groups in a mature, responsible fashion.
- Run climbing walls, low ropes, axe throwing, archery, guided hikes and guided campfire programs for visiting groups and schools.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues.
- Assist in program development and advancement.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Experience with administrative task including knowledge of Microsoft Programs.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification
Start/End dates: Jan 31-Sept 30