Job Title: Outreach Event Organizer
Organization: Wyoming Game and Fish Department
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Position Overview: The Outreach Event Organizer will further outreach and education efforts and assist in the planning, execution, and leadership of WGFD outreach and education events and supporting activities, including the Wyoming Outdoor Expo, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop, and other hunter and angler R3 (recruitment, retention, and reactivation) events.
- Partnership coordination.
- Schedule development.
- Participant, volunteer, and staff registration and tracking.
- Logistical arrangements.
- In-person and/or virtual event coordination, including layout, vendor management, and on-site support and problem-solving.
- Survey development and analysis, report preparation.
- Media and marketing planning and coordination.
- With support, helping to inform and educate the public about wildlife, habitat, and conservation at various events such as the Wyoming Outdoor Expo, Becoming Outdoors-Woman workshops, and other adults-and youth-focused conservation, hunter & angler educational programs.
- Assisting with routine setup and clean-up of program areas.
- Sharing a passion and knowledge of Wyoming’s abundant wildlife, recreational opportunities, and rich natural history.
- Must work well independently with minimal supervision and work well with others on a team and serve as a peer leader.
- Excellent written and oral skills. Prefer experience writing marketing or public relations text, reports, and working with the media.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, enthusiasm, flexibility, and a passion for working with people.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as necessary details.
- Computer skills, and particularly strong in Excel.
- Must have the ability to work outdoors in varied terrain and weather conditions and learn to be comfortable pulling trailers and operating 4WD vehicles.
- Preference will be given to those with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, education, human dimensions or other natural resource sciences, wildlife/fisheries biology, or other related fields.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Start/End dates: This position is a nine-month appointment beginning in December or January for nine months.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to apply: Please click here to view the full job description as well as how to apply.