Job Title: Summer Camp Preschool Instructor
Organization: Montana Audubon Center
Location: Billings, MT
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans appropriate for play-based, emergent-style learning in an outdoor setting.
- Provide quality instruction for camp participants during program days.
- Incorporate concepts of risky play, nature pedagogy, and preschool education standards.
- Safely manage program participants in an outdoor environment.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning/maintenance procedures to keep everything in working order.
- Be willing to work some evenings and weekends, and teach in other program areas as needed.
- 25+ hour work week, with possibility of long-term hire; Housing not provided
- Can be used for academic credit or internship hours (approval of institution needed)
- Housing not provided
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Self-motivation and flexibility are required.
- Have the ability to collaborate with members of a team as well as work independently.
- Have some experience working with children.
- Be able to spend 90% of teaching time outdoors.
Start/End Dates: June 6th – August 10
Salary/Pay: $11-12/hour pay rate; based on experience
Application Deadline: February 15, or until position is filled
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Hannah Finch at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-294-5099.