Job Title: Catering and Events Staff (Residence Life & Dining)
Organization: University of Wyoming
Location: Laramie, WY
Position Overview: Assist Catering & Events in assigned duties pertaining to events.
- Prepare all equipment and service items required for catered events.
- Perform wait staff duties as necessary including, but not limited to, handling food for buffets, serving meals and delivering food to clients.
- Provide exemplary customer service for clientele at events ranging from 10 to 500 guests.
- Perform clean-up duties including busing tables, washing dishes, cleaning preparation/busing areas and putting away all items used during events.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Need excellent oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to write, edit and design written materials for use with donor solicitations, grant proposals, reports, member communications, and events.
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience in interviewing, researching and compiling information from many sources.
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience with database management.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
How to Apply: Complete the online application here and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.