Job Title: Research and Outreach Fellow
Organization: Better Food Foundation
Organization Overview: The Better Food Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit that promotes dietary changes to build a healthy, equitable, humane, and environmentally sustainable food system. They work to support values-based food choices through policy change, advocacy, resource development, and grantmaking.
Position Overview: One-year Fellowship designed to help a dedicated individual develop foundational skills for a career in plant-based food advocacy. This is a remote position, joining a 100% virtual office. A small amount of travel may be required.
- Research life cycle assessment literature and nudge theory literature relevant to GBD;
- Calculate the carbon footprint of different menus;
- Research and write reports for GBD;
- Assist with study methodology and data analysis;
- Cultivate local partnership opportunities for GBD;
- Assist with GBD institutional outreach, including introductory emails and meetings;
- Search for opportunities to garner attention to GBD in the environmental and behavioral change science worlds, such as forging connections with organizations, podcasts, and blogs
- Strong writing and communication skills, with samples provided
- Attention to detail,
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative
- Understanding of the environmental impacts of animal agriculture
- 3+ years of relevant experience (professional, volunteer, or coursework) demonstrating skills and knowledge in behavioral science; environmental science; nonprofit advocacy; or food systems.
- Graduate-level research experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Life Cycle Assessments preferred but not required
- Experience with and ability to use technologies for remote collaboration—video conferencing, Google docs, project management software, etc.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization, including diversity, equity, and inclusion
Salary/Pay: The Fellow will receive $50,000 in compensation for one year of work and will be structured as a contract position.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and background in animal advocacy, sustainability, and/or food justice to firstname.lastname@example.org