Job Title: Public Affairs Specialist (Recent Graduate)
Organization: Natural Resource Conservation Service
Location: Bozeman, MT
Organization Overview: The Pathways Recent Graduate Program is for recently graduated or graduating individuals who are looking for developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service. Recent Graduates will serve on this appointment for one year learning the fundamentals of the position for which they can be converted. For more information on the Pathways Recent Graduate Program, please visit here.
- Assist with information, awareness, outreach, and strategic communication and marketing programs across the zone to communicate policies, programs, services and activities.
- Assists with planning, design, and preparation of effective exhibits, posters, visual material for display; Assists with outreach material including fact sheets, postcards, flyers, mailers, and other visual materials for identified target audiences.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with other federal, state and local agencies, and private organizations on conservation across private lands.
- Support projects led by senior staff requiring cross-team interaction within the organization.
- Utilizes traditional and non-traditional means inform current and potential customers about programs, technical assistance, and conservation accomplishments.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Satisfactory Background investigation and/or fingerprint check. If selected, you will be sent instructions on obtaining fingerprints. Please note we are not able to reimburse any fees incurred for fingerprints.
- Successful completion of one-year trial period.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Duty Location may change based upon training needs or upon conversion to competitive service.
Salary/Pay: $36,118 – $71,146 per year
Application Deadline: March 31
How to Apply: Please click here to view the full job description as well as to view the online application.