Job Title: Ranch Seasonal Irrigator
Organization: City of Laramie
Location: Laramie, WY
- Adjust head to maintain allotted water flow within the irrigation ditches; keep head gates and culverts cleared of debris; and maintain ditches and other irrigation structures.
- Operate and maintain irrigation pumps.
- Maintain and read water recording devices and record flows as required.
- Operate a variety of vehicles, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of irrigation systems in a safe, accurate and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Ensure all areas requiring irrigation are properly irrigated in a timely manner.
- Communicate and cooperate with other ditch users so irrigation can be accomplished without dissension.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain simple records and logs; complete reports as necessary.
- Availability for early morning or late evening hours and weekends.
- Experience or willingness to learn a variety of maintenance, repair and irrigation ditches and associated irrigating equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver license.
- Some ATV experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and public.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, climb, push, pull, lift 50 lbs., distinguish color, and wear protective apparel; exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, vibration, confining work space, chemicals, explosive materials, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, toxic substances, foul odors, wastewater, sludge, effluents, bacteria, viruses, and traffic hazards.
- Ability to travel to different sites and locations in personal vehicle. Vehicle stipend of $250 per month will be included. Vehicle with high clearance is preferred.
Start/End Dates: April 15 – October 15
Salary/Pay: $12.67 – $14.34 per hour
Application Deadline: April 1
How to Apply: Please click here to apply online.
Questions? Contact Dani Sheppard, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org