Job Title: Seasonal Cemetery Maintenance Laborer
Organization: City of Laramie
Location: Laramie, WY
- Work under direct supervision, to perform a variety of duties involved in the cemetery including maintenance, landscaping, reconstruction, and repair services.
- Preparation of cemetery grounds for Memorial Day activities. Perform the full range of turf maintenance duties
- Water, mow, weed, trim, aerate, renovate and fertilize turf.
- Perform the full range of shrub and flower bed maintenance; plant, water, fertilize, and maintain landscaped areas including bushes, trees, flowers and shrubs; control weeds.
- Operate the full range of grounds maintenance vehicles and equipment including mowers, sweepers, edger’s, blowers, and hand and power tools; maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Assist in the removal of fallen trees, stumps, fallen limbs, and related debris. Identify maintenance needs and safety hazards; report needs to supervisor.
- Rake leaves and clear debris from cemetery grounds.
- Assist in the construction of various projects; assist in the maintenance of roads.
- Deal courteously and tactfully with the public in response to inquiries and complaints.
- Perform a full range of duties in support of the cemetery including digging of graves, set-up for funerals, closing graves.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Operate a wide variety of equipment and tools used in cemetery maintenance, repair, and construction in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Deal tactfully with the public.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Prepare written reports and fill out forms on work completed.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb, exposure to noise, outdoors, confining workspace, dust, and mechanical hazards.
- Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check, if applicable.
Start/End Dates: April – September (Dates Are Flexible)
Salary/Pay: $9.90 – $13.32 per hour
How to Apply: This position is open until filled, please click here to apply.