Job Title: Seasonal Parks Maintenance Laborer
Organization: City of Laramie
Location: Laramie, WY
Overview: The City of Laramie Parks & Recreation Department is accepting applications for a Parks Maintenance Laborer for the summer season. The ideal candidates will perform a variety of duties involving the maintenance of multiple parks and athletic fields. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn useful skills and be apart of a team environment.
- Operate a wide variety of equipment and tools used in parks and athletic field’s maintenance, repair, and construction in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform parks maintenance, landscaping, reconstruction and repair work.
- Operate field computers to track GIS data.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Deal tactfully with the public.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Prepare written reports and fill out forms on work completed.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, and climb.
- Successful candidate will encounter exposure to noise, outdoors, confining work space, dust, and mechanical hazards.
- Ability to develop skills in a wide variety of equipment operation and basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to work with other employees and to interact with the public; ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends when necessary.
- First aid and CPR certifications are required and will be made available through on the job training.
- Applicants who are offered an appointment are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening test and driver license check, if applicable.
Start/End Dates: April – September (Dates Are Flexible)
Salary/Pay: $9.90 – $13.32 per hour
How to Apply: This position is open until filled, please click here to view the full job description as well as how to apply.