Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Organization: Quandary Consultants
Location: Denver, CO
Position Overview: Quandary Consultants LLC (Quandary) is looking for an Environmental Scientist to join the growing team of diverse professionals. Quandary is a full-service environmental and regulatory consulting firm based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2016 Quandary has quickly become a top choice for clients in the construction, oil & gas, renewable energy, electric utility, and government sectors. Currently providing environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, air quality, remediation, weed management, stormwater management, and other environmental services to clients throughout the country.
- Manage weed spraying program, projects, and teams
- Independently and collaboratively conduct fieldwork in remote and urban locations, including active construction sites
- Collect detailed, accurate, scientific field data
- Assist with creation of client deliverables including written reports and maps
- Conduct desktop assessments and field surveys for wildlife and vegetation projects, and delineate potential wetlands and waters of the U.S. and waters of the State
- Collect baseline water quality samples, write client reports, and submit agency filings
- Conduct stormwater BMP inspections
- Interpret and manage spatial data using ESRI products, Google Earth, or similar platforms
- Actively participate in safety programs and support a safe work culture
- Licensed Qualified Supervisor with the State of Colorado Dept of Agriculture
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- Scientific and/or technical writing experience
- Experienced plant identification – native vegetation and weed species.
- Federal, State, and local regulatory knowledge
- Ability to travel to remote locations alone with minimal supervision
- Manage and interpret spatial data using ESRI suite of products, Google Earth, and similar platforms
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working with a diverse team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Teachable, fast learning, and willing to learn new skill sets
- Willing to attend environmental training courses on a variety of topics
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related field and 5+ years of environmental consulting or compliance experience. The candidate will be a licensed Qualified Supervisor with the State of Colorado and have recent experience managing weed projects or teams. GIS experience is preferred
As a small firm, Quandary Consultants strives to be a great place to work where you are excited to come to work every day to tackle new and interesting challenges with your team. As they work towards integrating you into the team, please note benefits will begin upon completion of a 30 to 90-day probation period before transitioning to a full-time, salaried position with full benefits. Quandary provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including paid time off, 401k match, health care stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Expected Salary: $50,000-$70,000. Quandary is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. Quandary reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range, depending on circumstances other than candidates’ statuses which are protected by local, state, or federal law.
Application Deadline: April 10
How to Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.