Job Title: Seasonal Environmental Specialist
Organization: Quandary Consultants
Position Overview: Quandary Consultants LLC (Quandary) is looking for a Seasonal Environmental Specialist to join the growing team of diverse professionals. Quandary is a full-service environmental and regulatory consulting firm based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2016 Quandary has quickly become a top choice for clients in the construction, oil & gas, renewable energy, electric utility, and government sectors.
The ideal candidate would have 2-5 years of weed spraying experience. The candidate should have experience with native vegetation and noxious weed surveys, mapping, and treatment. The weed management project is located in Wyoming and is expected to last from April through June 2022. There is an option to extend employment beyond June 2022.
- Independently and collaboratively conduct fieldwork in remote locations
- Perform weed management duties including spraying (via UTV and backpack) and mapping of treatment areas.
- Collect detailed, accurate scientific field data
- Interpret spatial data using field tablets and handheld GPS units
- Assist with creation of client deliverables including written reports and maps
- Actively participate in safety programs and support a safe work culture
- Licensed Certified Operator with the State of Colorado Dept of Agriculture or Commercial Pesticide Applicator License from the State of Wyoming Department of Agriculture
- Working knowledge of relevant noxious weed regulations
- Experienced plant identification – native vegetation and weed species.
- Ability to travel to remote locations alone with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated, recent weed spraying experience. BLM experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate remote areas
- Must be comfortable independently operating UTVs, handling and mixing chemicals, and loading equipment in vehicles and trailers
- Team player and fast learner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
As a small firm, Quandary Consultants strives to be a great place to work where you are excited to come to work every day to tackle new and interesting challenges with your team. This seasonal role will support a project in Wyoming that is expected to last from April – June 2022. A lump sum compensation in the amount of $10,000 will be provided for that period, even if the project work is completed early. Hotel and per diem will be included throughout the project.
Start/End Dates: April – June
Salary/Pay: $10,000 Lump Sum
Application Deadline: April 10
How to Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.