Job Title: Public Involvement/Conflict Resolution Project Associate
Organization: The Langdon Group
Location: Meridian, ID; Kaysville, UT; or Salt Lake City, UT
Duties: The Project Associate position provides an excellent opportunity for an early to mid-career practitioner with a passion for collaborative work to further develop these skills. They will have ample opportunity to work on a wide variety of complex and diverse projects. The position is highly dynamic and requires an individual that is comfortable with ambiguity, is innovative, and has the initiative to work well on their own and in a team atmosphere. Being a self-starter is critical. The ideal candidate will be able to play a substantive role on projects, facilitate meetings and groups, and assist in the development, strategy and management of projects. This person must be driven, curious and ambitious. Occasional travel should be expected. This person must be able to perform all the tasks and responsibilities of a Project Coordinator.
- 3 years of experience in a related field and/or advanced degree.
- Ability to effectively market his or her own skills and abilities internally and externally.
- Ability to monitor and adhere to project schedules, scopes, budgets and process strategies.
- Supervision of a small group of team members on tasks assigned, and quality control.
- Business development support and proposal preparation experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Communication, Public Relations, Public Involvement, Business, Economics, Environment and Public Policy and/or Facilitation /Mediation or a related field is required with relevant course work.
- Education, training and/or work experience in a communication-related field; public involvement; environment and public policy; and/or facilitation/mediation.
- A strong background in the use of different types of media (includes database management and visual communications).
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative problem solving, design thinking, dispute systems design, and process design.
- Ability to look at a project as a whole and perform basic public involvement tasks with some oversight.
- Ability to innovate and bring new ideas to the project design process.
- Meeting facilitation and/or event planning experience.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and administrative skills.
- Computer and related software skills (Microsoft Suite, etc.).
- Basic skills in design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Access databases.
- Video production and social media experience a plus.
Salary/Pay: They offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including professional development and continuing education. Salary is determined by experience.
How to Apply: To apply for this challenging and rewarding position, please visit the organization’s website or visit here as well. Candidates will be required to submit a resume and may be required to submit writing samples upon request. Please upload your resume on the application page in one pdf.