outside Rawlins, WY
Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Technician
Location: one hour outside of Rawlins, WY
Position Overview: Field position performing a variety of duties for the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department at Lost Creek, assisting in safety and environmental compliance tasks. This is a temporary position, focused on providing persons interested in an EHS career in the mining industry with job experience at a mine site. This position will generally work at the Lost Creek ISR uranium mine, although some work may be completed in the Casper offices of the Company.
The work provides an opportunity to experience different aspects of environmental health and occupational safety aspects of the in situ recovery uranium industry. No specific skills are required, as all duties will be taught on the job, but the goal is to hire an employee that is eager to learn these tasks.
Duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Training will be provided:
- Groundwater sampling of the monitoring ring around the active wellfield.
- Environmental radiological sampling (radon, soil sampling, gamma badges, air sampling, and radon stack sampling).
- Lab analysis of water samples (pH, alkalinity, chloride, and conductivity).
- Area safety inspections for OSHA compliance and inspection of ladders/fire extinguishers/emergency lights.
- Various duties as may be assigned: routine site inspections, PPE maintenance, calibration of equipment, site chemical inventory, records maintenance, safety support, decontaminate equipment, and others.
The preceding examples are representative of the essential functions of this position, based upon assignments to be performed, and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Be task trained and proficient on the following tools, equipment and procedures:
– Pickup trucks – Basic vehicle maintenance – Lockout Tagout awareness
– Hand tools – Drills, saws – Emergency response
– Soil sampling – Groundwater sampling pumps – Water quality meter
– Air sampler – Portable generators
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Pursuing a college degree in Environmental Health and Safety, or related scientific field of study. Students pursuing a radiation safety degree are a plus (g., Track 3 student).
- Valid driver’s license; insurable driving record.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Ability to use computer and/or tablet for basic functions.
- Ability to understand and comply with safety rules; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Basic math skills using units of measure, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Salary/pay: $20/hour, company cars for carpooling
How to Apply: Please send a signed EHS Technician Job Description as well as the Lost Creek Application to Chris Pedersen firstname.lastname@example.org