Job Title: Field Biologist
Organization: Quandary Consultants
Location: Denver, CO
Organization Overview: Quandary Consultants LLC (Quandary) is looking for a Field Biologist to join the growing team of diverse professionals. Quandary is a full-service environmental and regulatory consulting firm based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2016 Quandary has quickly become a top choice for clients in the construction, oil & gas, renewable energy, electric utility, and government sectors. They provide environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, air quality, remediation, weed management, stormwater management, and other environmental services to clients throughout the country.
- Independently and collaboratively conduct natural resources and other environmental fieldwork in remote and urban locations, including active construction sites
- Collect detailed, accurate scientific field data
- Assist with creation of client deliverables including written reports and maps
- Conduct desktop assessments and field surveys for wildlife and vegetation projects, and delineate potential wetlands and waters of the U.S. and waters of the State
- Interpret and manage spatial data using ESRI products, Google Earth, or similar platforms
- Actively participate in safety programs and support a safe work culture
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related field and 5+ years of environmental consulting or compliance experience.
Applicants should be highly organized, a good written and oral communicator, have a good sense of humor, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail and strong technical writing skills are essential qualities.
Key Capabilities/Skills Include:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- Strong field identification skills and knowledge of MBTA, raptor, and eagle biology
- Experienced plant identification – native vegetation and weed species.
- Federal, State, and local regulatory knowledge (including MBTA, ESA, NEPA, CWA)
- Ability to travel to remote locations alone with minimal supervision
- Manage and interpret spatial data using ESRI suite of products, Google Earth, and similar platforms
- Scientific and/or technical writing experience
- Enjoy working with a diverse team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Teachable, fast learning, and willing to learn new skill sets
- Willing to attend environmental training courses on a variety of topics
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: As an ESB firm, Quandary Consultants strives to be a great place to work where you are excited to come to work every day to tackle new and interesting challenges with your team. As they work towards integrating you into the team, please note benefits will begin upon completion of a 30 to 90-day probation period before transitioning to a full-time, salaried position with full benefits. Quandary provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including paid time off, 401(k) match, health care stipend, and cell phone reimbursement.
If you have these skills and environmental background and are interested in working for a dynamic environmental services company, they look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.