Job Title: Special Events Coordinator
Organization: Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources
Location: Laramie, WY
Under the direction of the Business Manager, Executive and in collaboration with the Haub School team, plan and execute events for the Haub School and Ruckelshaus Institute. The Special Events Coordinator will be in charge of planning and logistics for student events, conferences, trainings, receptions, board meetings, and other events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan and execute conferences, trainings, meetings and other events by arranging, coordinating, and securing contracts with vendors for venues, catering, equipment, technological needs, and other logistics.
Promote events and activities to appropriate constituents through social media and interpersonal communication, designing and distributing print and electronic materials, and other methods.
Maintain contact database for outreach purposes including event invitations, conference registration, and mailings.
Coordinate event-related travel arrangements. Work with the Business Manager, Executive for event-related reimbursements for Haub School staff, faculty and visitors.
Attend events to ensure on-site full-time presence, and to coordinate event activities; this may require night/weekend work.
Monitor budget and expenditures for events.
Assist with purchasing, organizing and inventory of event related needs.
Coordinate recruiting, training and supervising of temporary event support staff.
Work in conjunction with the UW Foundation for donor relations and events, including but not limited to communications with friends of the Haub School and donor communications.
- Provide leadership to research and implement more sustainable and zero-waste practices at Haub School events and within Haub School buildings.
- Education: High School diploma
- Experience: 2 years work-related experience
- Required licensure, certification, registration or other requirements:
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of clients to ascertain and meet a variety of needs.
- Experience with public relations and communication principles; media, direct mail, and marketing techniques.
- Experience or knowledge of zero-waste practices.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
APPLY ONLINE by May 26.