Position Title: College-level Internship
Organization: Equality State Policy Center
Location: Laramie, WY
Organization Overview: The Equality State Policy Center is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that advocates for fair elections, transparent government, and thriving communities. One of its primary goals is to get more Wyomingites to participate in the democratic process, especially in historically marginalized and under-represented communities. ESPC is a coalition of labor, social justice, and conservation organizations looking to improve the lives of all those who call Wyoming home.
Position Overview: Under the direction of ESPC Staff, the intern will be responsible for assisting with database management; managing social media and website; and working with the ESPC team to support its mission. The intern may also be asked to complete additional tasks as capacity and interest vary. The intern may participate in ESPC board and committee meetings and other events as necessary.
- Assist staff with EveryAction Database management as directed
- Collaborate with staff to create and post social media graphics for ESPC
- Assist in WordPress Website updating and management
- Participate in ESPC events as necessary (i.e. local tabling events, fundraisers, and/or other community engagement opportunities)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent; three professional references
- Currently enrollment in college courses
- Basic computer literacy and skills; willingness to learn new software
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Experience in social justice issues and/or nonprofit organizations
- Experience using EveryAction, WordPress, and/or Canva
- Familiarity with Wyoming legislative structure at local, state, and federal levels
Application Deadline: The first review of applications will take place on September 15
How to Apply: Send pdf copies of your resume and a one-page cover letter to Celeste Prall at email@example.com. Include Intern Opportunity in the subject line. Complete applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a hire is made.