Overview: Do you want to take your studies to the next level. in Scotland? Create your own internship with UW in Scotland, and earn funding up to $5000 to support your experience. The internship period should be no less than one month, and residence in Scotland is required.
Strategies for Success:
- Starting at least one month before the deadline: Develop your application in conversation with
- your UW faculty,
- the relevant Scottish institution (company, non-profit, college, etc.),
- the Director of UW in Scotland (*Prof. Caroline McCracken-Flesher, email@example.com
- students in good standing, enrolled through Summer 2023 at UW
- experiences that are not regular university courses or study-abroad opportunities
- students who have taken a UW in Scotland course are strongly encouraged to apply.
- You do not have to have taken a UW in Scotland course in order to apply.
Application Deadline: November 30
How to Apply:
- describe the project in detail (what do you want to study/learn?)
- specify the educational need (how does this advance your degree/career goals?)
- specify the host organization (company, non-profit) etc. and its necessity to the project)
- detail logistics (when will you travel; where will you stay; what will you do & where?)
- detail your budget (travel, accommodation, costs charged by the host institution, etc.)
- Submitted applications should be no more than two pages in length.
- a statement or commitment trom the organization where the internship will occur
- reference letter from a relevant UW faculty member submitted directly to Caroline McCracken-Flesher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit completed applications, and have reference & support letters sent to:
Caroline McCracken-Flesher, Director UW in Scotland email@example.com