Custer State Park, SD
Position Title: Multiple Positions
Location: Custer State Park Regency CSP Ventures
Organization Overview: As an authorized concessionaire of South Dakota’s Department of Game, Fish & Parks, Regency CSP Ventures Limited Partnership operates 4 major resorts: State Game Lodge, Blue Bell Lodge, Legion Lake Lodge, Sylvan Lake Lodge. Within the beautiful, 71,000 acre Custer State Park in the heart of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
- Currently committed to providing first-class service in all the resorts.so staff members need to make a similar commitment to excellence. Previous experience in the guest service industry is a plus. However, a willingness to work hard, a sincere enjoyment in working with people, and the ability to take pride in a job well done can make up for limited work experience.
- Resort work is often demanding and very challenging. Hours can be long and hard. Sometimes, schedules or job assignments must shift to accommodate last-minute needs. Currently needing people who learn quickly and who perform responsibly. And, if you are dependable, sensible, respectful, respectable, and flexible, this may be perfect!
- If you are a student looking for a great place to spend the summer, this may be it, but only if you remain aware that you are not on vacation, you are here to work. Supervision and discipline are as much a part of being here as are freedom and privileges.
- You must be 16 years of age or older upon the day you report to work. Staff members who live in dorms should be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Because we have a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace, employment with the Company is conditional upon your agreement to submit to random and/or reasonable cause drug and alcohol testing.
- You must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. most staff members meet this requirement with a combination of an original Social Security card, a copy of their birth certificate, a driver’s license or state ID card, and/or passport.
- International students must apply through a student exchange program and must have a valid J-1 visa, Form IAP-66, and a Social Security card before arrival.
Room and Board:
- Due to Custer State Park’s location and the distance to outside housing, most of the seasonal staff is housed within the Park. They also provide three meals per day to all staff members who take advantage of the meal plan.
- Because of the limited number of RV sites available in the employee housing areas, they strive to occupy all RV sites with two (2) persons per site with both persons being employed by Regency CSP Ventures Limited Partnership. RV sites that do not include the meal plan are $220/month.
- There is a small deduction from your check for South Dakota sales and use tax only on the amount allocated to meals (currently 4% or $14.40 per month). Room and board total per person is $440/month (this includes three meals per day.)
- Meals are served daily in employee dining areas. Due to the large number of meals prepared each day, we cannot promise to accommodate vegetarian and restricted diets.
- Employee lodging facilities vary widely from one location to another; some are new and some have been in use for many years. While not elegant, staff quarters are adequate.
- Employees will provide and maintain their own bedding and towels. Seasonal employees will be assigned quarters to share with one or more roommates. Residents are expected to respect visitation restrictions, night-time quiet hours, and maintain the cleanliness of the facilities. The Company is not liable for loss of personal effects and we recommend that you do not bring items of extreme value.
- Dormitory housing for married couples is limited and available only when both work full time. We do not provide housing for families with children, and non-staff guests or family members may not stay in staff quarters.
- All dormitory complexes are designated “Drug-Free Zones” and are smoke-free. Management reserves the right to inspect any dormitory room at their discretion.
- A $240.00 uniform and dormitory cleaning and damage deposit will be required from all employees. This amount will be deducted from the employee’s FIRST three paychecks and will be refunded if housing is undamaged and all uniforms are checked in upon departure. It is the employee’s responsibility to have their room inspected for damage and cleanliness both on arrival and departure to be assured of this refund.
Start/End Dates: May – mid October 2023
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.