Position Title: Technical Editor – (964)
Organization: Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc.
Location: to be determined
Organization Overview: Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium-size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a temporary, full-time Technical Editor. Location is negotiable. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
Position Overview: The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in writing and technical editing and will be responsible for editing and formatting research and project documents.
- Edit, format, and proofread technical reports, white papers, environmental impact statements, proposals, presentations, technical memorandums, and other documents to WEST or client standards
- Add or edit customized bibliographies in documents using EndNote
- Submit new and un-entered literature records for entry into literature database. Edit entries as needed
- Regularly train on software, technical editing tasks and department policies to improve skills
This a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of all the duties that may be associated with this position.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in technical writing/English with biological experience OR bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology/botany/zoology or related field with experience in technical writing
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, EndNote, and Adobe (or other pdf-editing programs)
- Experience with ADA Section 508 compliance is a plus
- Ability to use scientific methods to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under time constraints and meet deliverable targets and deadlines
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
Start Date: October 15
Salary/Pay: $18-20/ hour, depending on experience
Application Deadline: October 1
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.