Position Title: Multilingual Research Analyst
Organization: Herrmann Global
Location: Lander, WY
Organization Overview: Herrmann Global is an international tourism think tank that specializes in promoting travel destinations to a global travel audience. They utilize the latest technology and industry trends to efficiently connect partners with the most relevant potential travelers. Currently seeking a highly skilled Multilingual Research Analyst to join the team.
Position Overview: This is not your typical office job, the Herrmann Global Multilingual Research Analyst Internship Program provides the coaching and know-how you need to build the relationships and skills to help you effectively perform research and provide actionable insights for destinations on a national and global scale. The 12-month program includes hands-on training, self-study and real-world experience. You’ll also be paired with a mentor—a seasoned professional who will guide you through the program and offer valuable tips of the trade. Upon graduation, you will be ready to start your research career with the Herrmann Global team.
The ideal candidate is a visionary go-getter who has the analytical aptitude and experience in diving into
data with high capacity to structure information, extract the most valuable insights to support decision-making and with a special interest in working with data processing tools. They are naturally curious and have the ability to keep learning by their own initiative and propose innovative solutions for concrete problems. They must be able to successfully extract concrete results from data and create reports in a summarized way that supports the Director of Research & Strategy in providing key insights to team members and customers.
- Analyze and understand the specificities and the context of each research subject (tourism destinations).
- Collect data from diverse sources using our online and offline tools for social listening, keyword tracking, visitor behavior, among others.
- Organize and structure the collected data to perform deeper analysis and draw relevant conclusions and actionable insights.
- Prepare reports, presentations and dashboards to communicate the key findings and recommendations
- Communicating results in a contextualized form, not only numbers and facts, that helps to understand the “full story”
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, hospitality, geography or a field relevant to the travel sector (college
students may also apply) or equivalent professional experience in the travel sector.
- Highly interested in developing a career specialized in the travel and tourism sector.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in activities related to data collection and analysis.
- Highly creative, with excellent analytical abilities, self-motivated, and with great initiative.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital research.
- Skilled user of office applications like spreadsheets, word processors, presentations, and image editing.
- Advocate, enthusiast and fast learner in the use of digital tools and software
- Strong understanding and commitment with the principles of sustainability and responsible travel.
- Capacity to communicate complex ideas in a concise and effective way, both written and orally.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Capacity to think strategically and to identify opportunities to improve decision-making based on data.
- Very good level of English, spoken and written.
- Bilingual, a big advantage, but not compulsory if you excel in the other qualifications..
- Any additional languages is an extra advantage.
- Any experience with social listening, keyword research or geographic information software.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research tools.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.