Position Title: Multiple Positions
Organization: A Bar A Ranch
Location: Encampment, WY
Organization Overview: Along the banks of the North Platte River, in the heart of southern Wyoming’s Medicine Bow Mountains, lies the A Bar A Ranch. Established in 1922, it is one of the oldest guest ranches in the country. It is also one of the largest, with nearly 100,000 acres for guests and staff to explore.
Position Overview: They hire hard-working, enthusiastic team players who are eager to be contributing members of the ranch community. If you love working with people, being outdoors, and are ready to commit to working hard as a positive member of a team, they welcome your application. They take great pride in our reputation for having an outstanding staff. If you’ve always wanted to live and work in the West, this is the perfect opportunity!
Duties: Vary by position, see website under “How to Apply”
- You must be at least 18 years of age, and have at least one year of post-high school education and/or work experience.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or be legally eligible for a J-1 student work visa.
- You must be available to work from at least mid-May through late-August or late-September.
- Please keep in mind that about 75% of the positions require being able to work through late September!
- Two references (at least one professional reference from a supervisor).
- If you are in college or just graduated, please attach a copy of your college transcript (GPA at least 3.0; unofficial copy is acceptable). If you are a first-semester freshman, please submit your high school transcript.
- Evidence of interest in working with and being of service to others.
- Evidence of ability to live in a small community of peers as a positive team member.
- Interest in having a unique experience, not just a summer job.
- The A Bar A Ranch is a drug-free work place and you must be drug free. They reserve the right to use drug testing.
Start/End Dates: May 19- September 26
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.