Position Title: Stormwater Field Technician
Organization: KC Harvey Environmental
Location: Rawlins. WY
Organization Overview: KC Harvey Environmental is a growing environmental consulting and field services firm headquartered in Bozeman, Montana, with regional operations in Sheridan, Wyoming; Stanley, North Dakota; and Rawlins, Wyoming, and remote operations throughout the Rocky Mountains and Northern Great Plains.
Team is a crucial companion for industries with reclamation, restoration, or remediation needs (energy and mining industries and state and federal agencies) by combining a breadth of consulting, engineering, and field service capabilities with a proven depth of environmental expertise. Projects include large infrastructure development such as powerlines, pipelines, mines, wind farms, and oil and gas fields.
As evidence-driven professionals committed to solving problems and finding paths forward, and pursue interesting and challenging projects across the western United States.
Position Overview: KC Harvey Environmental is currently seeking to hire multiple Stormwater Field Technicians to assist with reclamation activities in Wyoming operations based in Rawlins. Lodging and per diem are provided. Positions are full-time and seasonal, from April through November 2023. Additional positions are open for current students beginning in mid-May until mid-August. Employment beyond these dates is possible depending on project needs.
- Assist with maintenance, repair, and replacement of stormwater erosion controls
- Conduct field stormwater inspections
- Identify, map, and document soil erosion features
- Recommend maintenance, repair, or replacement of stormwater erosion controls
- Update inspection and repair documentation in a digital data management system
- Conduct environmental compliance monitoring, (vegetation, erosion, reclamation)
- Identify plants using a key
- Control weeds using truck, ATV/UTV, or backpack mounted herbicide spray equipment
- Re-vegetate disturbed areas by seeding
- Assist with vegetation surveys and other land reclamation tasks
- A commitment to High Standards in Safety
- A positive attitude and ability to work well as part of a team
- A clean driving record
- Ability to travel regularly to project locations
- Ability to participate in pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Be 21 years of age or older
Start/End Dates: April – November
Salary/Pay: Competitive pay starting $18 to $20/hour depending on experience with overtime potential. Lodging and per diem are provided
Application Deadline: Position open until filled
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial or official), and references to the addresses below.
- Daniel Banker
- Larkin Hoepner
KC Harvey Environmental, LLC 1219 Daley St.
Rawlins, WY 82301
Visit KC Harvey Environmental Careers for a full list of open job descriptions.