Position Title: Park Ranger Compliance Enforcement Officer Aide
Organization: Lucky Peak State Park
Location: Boise, ID
Position Overview: As a Park Ranger Compliance Enforcement Officer Aid you will inform visitors of pertinent regulations of the department and partner organizations, collect fees, patrol park to monitor compliance with outdoor recreation program and park rules and regulations, and to protect and preserve park resources from vandalism and abuse. This position can be a seasonal appointment or an internship credit opportunity. Many internships are paid, some may be unpaid, and others may be completed for college credit. Internships are most commonly completed during the summer, but some are also available as part-time opportunities during the school year.
- Informs visitors of pertinent regulations of the Department as well as other partner organizations such as Department of Fish and Game and Department of Lands.
- Collects fees.
- Ensures compliance with outdoor recreation program and park rules and regulations.
- Works with local enforcement agencies to give warnings.
- Patrols park to protect and preserve park resources from vandalism and abuse.
- Promotes public safety.
- Serves as liaison between park and other enforcement agencies.
- Administers first aid, organizes, markets, and implements special events.
Minimum Qualifications: You should be able to perform routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning rest rooms, operate a variety of equipment, follow written and oral instructions, perform moderately heavy labor, work under adverse weather conditions, and deal appropriately and tactfully with others. Some positions require you have or obtain a valid driver’s license, standard First-Aid and CPR certifications. Most job duties require employee to be at least 18 years of age.
Start/End Dates: Flexible but are expected to be between late May and early September.
Salary/Pay: Hourly wage will range from $10 – $15 depending on level of education and experience.
How to Apply: Fill out the online application. If you are interested in an internship opportunity, please reach out to Kathryn Hampton, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at 208-514-2493 or Kathryn.Hampton@idpr.idaho.gov to request more information.