Position: Outdoor Recreation Coordinator
Organization: Sheridan Recreation District
Location: Sheridan, WY
Organization Overview: The Sheridan Recreation District works to enhance the quality of life in the Sheridan, WY community by providing innovative and safe recreation opportunities.
Position Overview: Work with Sheridan Recreation District staff to complete tasks, lead programs and events, attend meetings and assist in certain areas of the department while gaining a well-rounded experience. Emphasis is on contributing to the development of a summer outdoor recreation program.
- Oversee or assist with various programs and events offered by the department, including but not limited to: youth programming, adult programming and youth and adult tournaments.
- Create, oversee, and implement a new program/event in the employee’s division of choice as it fits the department’s needs and budget.
- Work with department supervisors to assist shadow and/or perform assigned tasks for each division and/or facility within the department including: recreation, administration/office and public pool. If there is a specific area with more interest, additional time can be spent being involved in that area.
- Prepare reports and other documents such as operating; activity and statistical reports; promotional materials and agenda items; present materials to interested groups.
- Attend meetings associated with the department and affiliated groups; including, department staff meetings, staff trainings and coach’s trainings/meetings.
- Maintain a work schedule permitting easy access for citizens and one that fits the needs of the department’s programs, events and meeting needs.
- Develop public understanding and participation in parks and recreation programs through public relations activities. Interpret to the public the program, its philosophy, and objectives through all suitable means.
- Establish and maintain cooperative planning and working relationships with other public and volunteer community agencies.
- Achieve public relation objectives through speaking engagements and use of media.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director or designated supervisor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop public understanding and participation in parks and recreation programs through public relations activities.
- Ability to interpret to the public the program, its philosophy, and objectives through all suitable means.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative planning and working relationships with other public and volunteer community agencies.
- Ability to achieve public relation objectives through speaking engagements and use of media. Tools and Equipment Used: Employee must be capable of operating miscellaneous office and other equipment relative to this position which shall include but may not be limited to: personal computer, copier, fax machine, motor vehicles, recreation equipment, communication equipment and related items.
Start/End Dates: The position maybe extended as agreed up by the Director and the employee. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Salary/Pay: $13.65 – $15.00 an hour
Application Deadline: Closing date for applications is mid-May or until positions are filled.
How to Apply: e-mail a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and general employment application to Recreation Program Supervisor, McKoy Feland, at email@example.com.