Position Title: Research Assistant Position on Understanding Interactions of Recreation and Wildlife on Pilot Hill
Organization: Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources
Location: Laramie, WY
Position Overview: Dr. Drew Bennett and Dr. Joe Holbrook of the Haub School of ENR are recruiting a part-time lab and field research assistant to contribute to a study on Pilot Hill. This study aims to understand the effects of recreation on wildlife movements and behaviors.
- Driving and hiking on Pilot Hill and neighboring private land to collect SD cards and swap batteries on 66 game cameras
- Organizing SD cards on an external hard drive and filtering through the images using a game camera data software
- Downloading data from trail counters at various locations on the Pilot Hill property
- Following the provided data collection protocols
- Undergraduate or graduate status at the University of Wyoming
- Detail oriented and able to closely follow established protocols
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive a vehicle on rough unpaved roads on Pilot Hill and neighboring private properties
- A willingness to commit to the position for 2 years
Salary/Pay: $12/hr at a maximum 15 hours a week. Anticipated average workload is 8-10 hours a week with the exception of two-three times a year during field visits to Pilot Hill
Application Deadline: April 12
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a full resume and brief cover letter to Jordan Kobliska at firstname.lastname@example.org with a “Application for Pilot Hill Research” subject line. All undergraduate and graduate students will be considered. Undergraduate students in the Haub School of ENR are highly encouraged.