Position Title: Dispersed Recreation/Travel Management Intern
Organization: Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests
Location: Granby, CO
Position Overview: In partnership with the Student Conservation Association, The Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests, Sulphur Ranger district is seeking a skilled, highly motivated Intern to help protect and manage general dispersed recreation and travel management.
- Assists with the patrol of forest areas including assistance of the public including education.
- Maintains improvements in developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- Constructs and/or maintains signs and gates.
- Assists in the maintenance of signs in developed sites and general forest areas including along roads.
- The work may involve quite a bit of driving, but also a lot of walking in those variable conditions.
- There may also be quite a bit of work removing fallen trees, rocks and saturated garbage.
- Special projects may range from gate installations/repair to sign construction, installation, and repair.
- No prior construction skills are needed for this, just an extra set of hands to help assemble and move components.
- This is an opportunity to see much of the Ranger District and get to know the lay of the land.
- May also work on other priority work including, trails and wilderness patrols or needs in the Arapaho National Recreation Area.
Start/End Dates: May 22 – September 10
- $1,100 – one time RT travel allowance
- $460 – weekly living allowance
- AmeriCorps eligible ($1,678 education award)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.